The training on hate speech for journalists was held on June 19, 2013 in the GEM club in Skopje. The training was designed for journalists participating in USAID’s Strengthening Media in Macedonia – Fact Checking Service Component, implemented by Metamorphosis.
The four-hour training was attended by 10 journalists who were familiarized with the case law of the European Court of Human Rights in specific cases related to hate speech, cases from Macedonia and from the world, and a number of related laws and regulations were also analyzed. The training was conducted by Zarko Trajanoski, MA in Human Rights.
Materials used for the training:
- Presentation: Workshop on hate speech
- Fact Sheet – Hate speech
- Excerpts from the documents of the Broadcasting Council
- AJM – hate speech cases
- Black book (pg. 4-10)
- Handbook on Ethics in Journalism (pg. 35-36)
- Media, hate speech and marginalized communities: Media Guide (pg. 74-79)
- Legal analysis of the concept of the offense of hate and hate speech (pg. 51-62)