Metamorphosis Foundation is publishing an announcement for temporary engagement of media discourse analysts as part of USAID’s Strengthening Media in Macedonia Project – Media Fact-Checking Service Component, intended for publishing journalist reviews, analysеs and educational texts.
The members of the team of analysts have the following tasks:
- identify cases of violation of professional journalistic standards in the media, including human rights
- violations or violations of trends in the quality of the work of the media in a broader context;
- conduct analyses based on a critical analysis of discourses in such cases.
Candidates for members of the team should meet the following criteria:
- to be knowledgeable in the field of human rights (professional engagement, education, non-governmental work);
- to be experienced in writing research reports, columns and/or analyses
- have not been / are not party officials;
- have good knowledge of written Macedonian or Albanian literary language;
- their professional media engagement is based on the Code of Journalists of Macedonia or any other equivalent code of ethical and professional standards adopted by the relevant organization of journalists (this commitment to accept the self-regulation standards should be explained in the motivation letter);
Priority will be given to candidates who:
- participated in the media monitoring;
- are members of human rights organizations;
- are not currently employed in Macedonian media;
- are able to analyze Macedonian and Albanian media on a professional level
- are experienced in applying the critical discourse analysis approach
Applicants should send a CV and a letter of motivation, as well as links to three of their articles or scanned posts via e-mail to info[at]metamorphosis.org.mk.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 28, 2013.
Metamorphosis provides equal opportunities and a fair and equitable treatment in hiring associates, regardless of their race, color, sex, ethnic origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation.
The project, supported by the American people, aims to empower Macedonian citizens to hold the media accountable and to assist journalists in the implementation of their professional standards, by providing online tools for public education and awareness raising.